1. Open Mac Mail.
If this is your first time, you may be prompted to set up an account automatically and can skip to step to the next step.
If not prompted to set up an account, click the 'Mail' menu at the top-left, and then click 'Add Account'.
Choose "Add Other Mail Account" to set up a Tbaytel Email Address, and click "Continue".
2. On the 'Add a Mail Account' screen, fill in the three fields.
Full Name: Your name as you want people to see it when you send them a message.
Email Address: Your full Email Address.
Password: The current password for your Email Address.
If you have forgotten your password or need assistance, please give Tech Support a call at 684-FAST (3278) 24 hours a day. You can also visit our Webmail site ( mail.tbaytel.net ) in a web browser to test your password
If you see 'Discovering settings...' you can click 'Next' to skip.
If you see 'Account must be manually configured' you can click 'Next' to skip that as well.
3. On the 'Incoming Mail Server Info' screen, fill in the fields as shown below:
Account Type: IMAP
IMAP is best for use on multiple devices like a desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, webmail, etc. All IMAP devices should synchronize with our server.
POP is older and may need additional advanced settings to work properly with more than one device.
Mail Server: mail.tbaytel.net
User Name: Your full Email Address OR everything before the @ symbol in the address
If prompted for a Port and Authentication, make sure they match the info shown below.
Path Prefix: Leave blank (only appears for IMAP)
Port: 143 if you chose IMAP, and 110 if you chose POP
4. On the 'Outgoing Mail Server Info' screen, fill in the fields as shown below:
SMTP Server: mail.tbaytel.net
The account should now be created, but you may not be able to send Email yet. It's important to check the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) advanced settings to make sure you're using port 587, authentication, and have your username and password filled in.
5. Check and change the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Settings to make sure you can send Email.
Click the 'Mail' menu at the top, and then 'Preferences'.
6. Edit the SMTP Server List to check and modify the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) settings.
Make sure you're on the 'Account Information' tab for the Email Account you want to check or change.
Click the 'Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)' drop-down menu at the bottom.
Click 'Edit SMTP Server List' from the drop-down menu.
7. Select the SMTP Server you would like to check or change, and verify the 'Account Information' tab for your SMTP Server matches the info below.
Description: Not required but could be your Email Address, or mail.tbaytel.net
Server Name: mail.tbaytel.net
TLS Certificate: None
8. Verify the 'Advanced' tab for your SMTP Server matches the info below.
UNcheck 'automatically detect and maintain account settings'
Make sure 'Port' is set to '587'
'Use SSL' can be on.
Authentication should be set to 'Password'
User Name is your full Email Address OR everything before the @ symbol in the address
Click 'OK' to save the settings.
9. Your account is added. Close the Accounts screen, and look on the left side for your Inbox and other folders.
View or Change Existing Email Account Settings
1. Click the 'Mail' menu at the top of Mac Mail, and then click 'Preferences'
2. A list of Email Accounts is located on the left of the Accounts screen. At the bottom is a button to add or remove an account.
This is the main Account Information screen
This is the Advanced screen
Click the 'Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)' drop-down menu to choose 'Edit SMTP Server List'
This is the Outgoing Server Account Information screen
This is the Outgoing Server Advanced screen
You must use port 587, authentication must be set to 'Password', and you must enter your 'Username' and 'Password' in order to send Email.
Glad we could be helpful. Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Your feedback will help us improve this article.