1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
If this is your first time, you may be prompted to set up an account automatically and can skip to step 2.
If not prompted to set up an account, click 'Tools' at the top-left.
In the Tools menu, click 'Account Settings'.
To add an Email Account, click 'Account Actions' down near the bottom
Then click 'Add Mail Account'
2. On the first 'Mail Account Setup' screen, enter 'Your name', 'Email address', and 'Password', and then click 'Continue'.
3. Thunderbird will attempt to find the proper mail servers and other settings, but you should click 'Manual Config' down at the bottom to change some important advanced settings.
4. Make sure the setting match below:
Your Name: Usually your first and last name. People who receive email from you will see this as the sender name.
Email Address: Your full Email Address
Password: The current password for your Email Address. (If you've forgotten your password or need assistance, please give Tech Support a call at 684-FAST (3278) and we can assist you 24 hours a day)
Incoming: IMAP (best when using multiple devices like a desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.)
Incoming Server hostname: mail.tbaytel.net (the same as our Webmail site)
Incoming Port: 143
Incoming SSL: STARTTLS
Incoming Authentication: Encrypted password
Outgoing Server hostname: mail.tbaytel.net
Outgoing Port: 587 (instead of 25)
Outgoing SSL: STARTTLS
Outgoing Authentication: Encrypted password
Username: Your full Email Address
Click 'Re-test' to test the settings.
Click 'Create Account'
5. Your account should be added, and will appear on the left side of Thunderbird along with your folders.
View or Change Existing Email Account Settings
1. Click 'Tools' up near the top-left corner of Mozilla Thunderbird, and then click 'Account Settings'.
2. All of your Email Accounts will appear in the left hand column. Click 'Server Settings' below the account you'd like to modify. The settings will be displayed on the right side.
3. To view or modify your Outgoing Server settings, click 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)' which should be the last option in the column on the left.
4. On the right side of the Outgoing Server (SMTP Settings screen, select the account you want to modify, and then click 'Edit' on the right.
4. Verify the settings match those below:
Description: Blank by default, but could be your email address or mail.tbaytel.net
Server Name: mail.tbaytel.net
Connection Security: STARTTLS
Authentication Method: Encrypted password
User Name: Your full Email Address
Click 'OK' when complete.
5. Make sure you press 'OK' again back in the Account Settings screen.
Glad we could be helpful. Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Your feedback will help us improve this article.