If you are experiencing technical technical difficulties with your Legacy TV service, please follow the troubleshooting steps below before calling Tbaytel Technical Support
Check Remote Control
The Tbaytel Legacy TV remote needs to be in the STB mode to change channels. Press STB on the remote. To confirm that it is set to STB, press “Guide” and see if the STB button lights up. If the buttons on your Tbaytel remote do not light up when you press the Guide button, check the remote control batteries. Make sure there is nothing between the remote and the set top box that could be blocking the signal between them.
Check TV Input
Ensure the television set has the proper input selected. The remote control that came with the television set usually has a “Source” or “Input” button. Use this to select the correct input. *Tip* If your power has gone out, your television might have reverted to its default settings, which would set it to the default input. If your remote and TV inputs are correctly set, and you are still encountering problems, try restarting your set top box.
Restart a Single Set Top Box
There are 2 ways to do this.
- Select “Menu” on the remote.
- Select “Settings” from the menu on the screen.
- Select “Restart System” at the bottom of the list
- When it prompts you to confirm the restart, choose “Restart”
*Note* If you are restarting the PVR Set Top Box, ensure you restart the other secondary STB’s once the PVR restarts successfully to ensure functionality of the whole home PVR system.
Press and hold the power button in on the front of the set top box for 10 seconds. The screen will go blank, followed by quickly displaying 3 grey dots. If you are still encountering problems, try a full system reboot.
Full System Reboot
- Turn the power off to the residential gateway for 10 seconds and then restore power to it.
- Restart the PVR Set Top Box (Model VIP 2262 or VIP 5662 – black in colour)
- Once the PVR is displaying live TV, restart any additional set top boxes.
- Restart any other connected equipment if required. (Computers, tablets, etc.)
If you are still experiencing problems, please call 807-623-4400 for Tbaytel Technical Support.